Living in or visiting Melbourne?
Love FREE things to do?
This website has over 150 great quality free things to do in Melbourne.
I've visited a lot of cities and Melbourne ranks well up the list for high quality free attractions for both tourists and locals.
When I first came over here money was a bit tight so I googled and found a few websites listing 10 free things to do.
"Good!" I thought, "these should keep me busy for a while!".
Unfortunately a closer inspection revealed all the websites listed the same 10 free things!
They certainly didn't include the RAAF Museum - not only is it really big and interesting but they give flying displays in their old aircraft too - all for FREE.....
....then there is the free tour of the Parliament of Victoria where you even get to sit on the Speaker's and Premier's chairs - when they don't need the chairs themselves of course!......
.....and don't forget all those free Melbourne Festivals - 18 at the last count.....
......and loads of school holiday activities for the kids - they'll never be bored again and it won't cost you a cent.......
......or try the markets with entertainment such as live bands and circus performers roaming around.......
......or get your kids face painted.......
......watch a cookery demonstration......
......catch an exhibition of aborigine art......
.......have a look at some amazing buildings, built when the banks had more money than was good for them (some things don't change!).....
......and the gold vaults where gold bullion was stored during the gold rush era.....
......or drool in front of the shop where they have lollipop making demonstrations (not just for the kids this one!).
And the list goes on and on........
.......I've found over 150 different great quality free things for you to do and see in Melbourne.......
........keep coming back, I'm building the website most weeks........
.........In fact if you click on the orange RSS button at the top left of this page and follow the instructions you'll be forwarded all updated pages automatically.
It'll take you YEARS to see all these things properly........
........You won't have to pay those horrible things called "entrance fees" for a long, long time.......
.......Come on in and plan a trip for the weekend NOW!
- Melbourne Sightseeing
- If you're going to do any Melbourne sightseeing, don't miss this advice - information about where to get free maps and brochures, a free tour up to four hours long and free help if you get lost on th
- Travel Melbourne
- Travel Melbourne on the free tourist bus and trams. Why pay for your travel around Melbourne city centre when you can reach most of the tourist destinations for free.
- Top 10 for Families
- Here are the top 10 free things for families to do in Melbourne. There's no need to pay those exorbitant entrance fees when you can see these top 10 for families completely free.
- Best 10 Tourist Sites
- Here are the top ten places to visit for free in Melbourne. There's no need to pay those exorbitant entrance fees when you can see these best 10 tourist sites completely free.
- 48 Hours in Melbourne
- This 48 Hours in Melbourne page shows you how to find the best free things to do in Melbourne. There are two routes, one for families with kids up to about 8 and the other route is for everybody else.
- Cool Day Trip
- You can't beat a free day out. Come to St Kilda, I've found loads of good fun free things to do there. Whether you're 3 or 83 you'll enjoy yourself here on this cool day trip.
- Indoor Attractions
- FREE indoor attractions in Melbourne. There's all sorts to see here, guided tours around government buildings, films to watch, art to see, fantastic architecture, social events, interactive computer g
- Melbourne Outdoors
- You've come to the right place to find free sightseeing options in Melbourne outdoors. There's loads to see and do, from watching wild penguins at St Kilda to all the free things at Federation Square.
- Free Kids Activities in Melbourne
- I'm BORED Mum!!... Well, no longer. You've just found loads of free kids activities in Melbourne - they'll never be bored again! Keep them amused in the school holidays or at weekends, Impress your n
- Free Melbourne Guided Tours
- There are lots of FREE guided tours around Melbourne tourist attractions if you know where to look. Well, you've come to the right place! There are 11 free tours listed on this page. You'll learn h
- Melbourne Markets
- These Melbourne markets are my favourites to wander around. They all have some form of free entertainment like bands and some have free children's activities - they're fun places to visit.
- Parks and Gardens
- On sunny days, parks and gardens are one of the most beautiful places to visit in Melbourne. It's even better when there's lots of great free activities in them too like kids playgrounds, fairy shows,
- Melbourne Art
- Melbourne is known as the arts capital of Australia, and for good reason. Find free Melbourne art exhibitions, galleries, guided tours, talks, museums and much, much more.
- Melbourne Museums
- Free Melbourne museums are interesting places to visit. They provide an insight into how things have developed or happened in Australia. Why not visit these museums and learn more about this country
- Melbourne Music
- Check this site out to find FREE Melbourne music. Whatever your musical taste, you'll find something here to enjoy at festivals, Federation Square, Sidney Myer Music Bowl, churches, parks, markets and
- Melbourne Walks
- Discover hidden gems on these great Melbourne walks, there's no better way to do your Melbourne sightseeing. All walks free with either self-guided maps and route information or with an actual guide.
- Melbourne Festivals
- There's so many fantastic Melbourne festivals it's hard to believe. You are likely to find a festival to go to any month of the year. Take the kids, a camera and cherish some great memories.
- Concession Card Holder
- You can get free entry to some great places if you're a concession card holder. Two of these places will keep your kids entertained all day while the third is more for adults or later teenage years.
- Free Accommodation in Melbourne
- You may be surprised to learn that there are a number of ways you can get free or almost free accommodation in Melbourne. Find out here!
- Splash Out
- Although the best things in life are free, sometimes you need to splash out. Think birthday present, etc. Your loved one won’t appreciate going somewhere that's free – believe me, I’ve tried!
- Melbourne Trip Planner
- Use this Melbourne Trip Planner page to find all the high quality free attractions in and around Melbourne city centre. Download the available maps and you'll have a wonderful hassle free day out.
- Melbourne Photos
- Find some marvellous Melbourne photos. These photos were taken in the making of the website about free things to do in Melbourne. Take a look and get inspired to visit Melbourne.
- Share Your Stories
- Share your stories about free things to do in Melbourne.
- Blog Page
- This blog keeps you up-to-date with all the new pages and extra information I've found to add to my Free-Things-To-Do-Melbourne website. Suscribe here as I've got a lot more to tell you about!
- Contact Me
- Contact me page
- About Me
- About me!